Hi Guys and Gals
I thought I should share some techniques from time to time which may come in handy for you if you are trying to repair alloy wheels on your own.
As an example, to repair the damage pictured below.
You need to do the following.
1. With an orbital sander , attach a 120grit sanding disk and sand only the damaged area until the damage is gone.
*DUST OFF THE AREA
2. With an orbital sander and 320grit disk, sand the area smooth to smoothen out the repair.
* DUST OFF THE AREA
3. With wet 400grit by hand sand paper, sand the repair area and any scratches left from the machine sanding which you may have missed in the previous step.
4. With an 800grit wet sand paper by hand , sand the repair area thoroughly.
5. Clean the area of water and dust.
6. Apply metal polish to a rag and polish the area thoroughly.
Congratulations you have repaired your first wheel.